- “With a burning hatred that consumes all it touches, the Scorchers aim to eliminate all life through a sadistic plot to destroy the Wasteland. What they didn't count on… a hero who fears nothing. Jump back into action with guns blazing and prepare to save humanity once again in RAGE: The Scorchers. With new allies, new weapons and new missions to conquer, you'll take on overwhelming odds to become the savior the Wasteland needs.”
- ―Official description
The Scorchers is a downloadable content (DLC) pack for RAGE, released on December 18, 2012 for all platforms. It is available for $4.99 on PSN , Xbox LIVE , and Steam . At first, it was only made available for North America, a part of Europe and Australia. However, on November 23, 2013, it was made available for the rest of the game owners.
The DLC features new weapons, characters and a whole new questline revolving around the Scorchers, a bandit clan cut from the final release of RAGE, only encountered via Vehicle Combat in the base game.
RAGE: The Scorchers features many new locations, including the Hagar Caves, Bash Canyon, and the Jackpots casino. It also features the "overpowering and brutal" Nail Gun, which packs three unique firing types. Additionally, The Scorchers also introduces the new Armored Mutant.
During the course of the story, you partner with a new character, Sarah, to track down the Scorchers, gather information on their next moves, and stop whatever it is they are planning. The player also participates in another round of Mutant Bash TV, in the all new Bash Canyon, an area reminiscent of the Jackal Canyon.
The Scorchers also adds some new features to RAGE, including the new "Combat Scenario Selection" mode, which allows players to replay completed missions. This feature can be accessed via the title screen, and includes missions from both RAGE and The Scorchers. The second addition is the "Extended Play" feature, which allows players who have completed RAGE to continue playing after the credits role. The last of the new additions is the new "Ultra-Nightmare" difficulty, which is "designed especially for the hardcore players looking for the ultimate challenge".
- Rumbles in the Dark
- Scorched Refinement
- A Big Gamble
- Ticket to Oasis
- Mutant Bash Canyon
- The Scorcher Threat
- Rite of Passage
- The Scorchers has been confirmed to be the final DLC for RAGE.
- The DLC was occasionally hinted at by Phallinx Hagar, who would often speak of "strange noises from beneath the settlement".
- The Scorchers adds ten new Achievements/Trophies, one of which requires a Ultra-Nightmare play through.
RAGE: The Scorchers received generally favorable reviews from critics. Critics praised the DLC for its value and gameplay, but criticized it for its linearity. Xbox Magazine gave it a 9/10, recognizing its high quality, as well as its strangely long development period. Eurogamer, ZTGD, and Thunderbolt and gave the game an 8/10. The XBOX 360 version currently holds a score of 83/100 of Metacritic, with a total of five reviews. 
- Official site
- Official forum
- The Scorchers on Steam
- The Scorchers at Xbox.com
- The Scorchers at PlayStation.com