Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Note: When editing this page, please provide adequate references on information about leaks, news, etc. If none are provided, your edit will be reverted.
There has been word that there may or may not be a sequel from information from many different sources.
In an interview with IGN, co-founder John Carmack stated that he plans to do a sequel to RAGE after Doom 4 ships. "We're about to roll the whole core tech team over to Doom", Carmack said, when asked what lessons the studio learned from developing RAGE. "After Rage certifies, the heavily-lifting code team will be migrating over to do new systems [for the Doom team]."
"Building up the new team has been challenging to bring that many new people in and bring them up to speed", he added. "We're going to migrate more of the RAGE 2 team people, and then we're going to roll onto RAGE 2."
In 2013, ZeniMax Media cancelled any and all projects related to RAGE 2 in order to "speed up progress on Doom 4". This could mean that we may not be seeing RAGE 2 for quite some time.
However, on August 4th, 2013, RAGE co-founder Tim Willits mentioned Rage 2 is "Not Dead, "We're not doing anything immediately with it, but when I designed the universe, I designed it in such a way that it would be easy to step back into. I'm still proud that we did something that was different – it wasn't like the games that we've done in the past."
In an interview published on August 9th, 2016, vice president of Bethesda Softworks Pete Hines commented on the possibilty of a sequel to both RAGE and The Evil Within. When asked about a potential RAGE 2, Hines said, "I do think both The Evil Within and Rage did well enough that we could make sequels". However, Hines also stated that the studio has a lot of games in their pipeline, so wether or not we'll be seing RAGE 2 come to fruition is yet to be seen.
- There is an Easter egg in RAGE. During one of the missions in Dead City Central a poster can be seen with "50% less on Rage 2, Doom 5!" on it.
- At E3 2011, It was revealed that RAGE 2 may be released sometime after Doom 4.
- Some rumors suggest that RAGE 2 might be released on the next generation consoles, as well as the XBOX 360 and PS3.
- In an interview with John Carmack, he said that he was "very excited with what hes doing with RAGE 2".
- John Carmack recently left id Software, in order to pursue virtual reality. It is unknown how big of a role Carmack played in the development of RAGE 2, but this may have a permanent affect on the release of the game.
- ZeniMax Media, the owner of id Software, recently cancelled RAGE 2, ordering id to finish Doom 4. This, however, could possibly be temporary.