- “If I don't got it, you don't need it. What're you lookin' for?”
- ―Jani, to the protagonist
Little is known about Jani, other than the fact that she is, first and foremost, a shopkeeper, establishing her supply store in what was likely the old gift shop of the pre-Apophis metro system.
She typically wears a black, skin-tight pair of pants with matching vest, and bears a Second World War era helmet, albeit heavily customized with a skull painting, nails, and feline ears.
Generally providing rather basic supplies, Nicholas Raine is able to get some advanced schematics from her later on in the game, such as the Advanced Sentry Bot and Advanced Sentry Turret. She also somehow has BFG Rounds for sale after the quest "Assault the Authority Bridge".
- She is the only female merchant in the game.
- She is usually seen holding a lollipop. If the player takes some distance from her (about outside her shop), she can be seen sucking and playing with her lollipop.
- She generally does not acknowledge any changes in Subway Town, such as when the Authority takes Redstone away for questioning.